Paris

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekday adventures with Bay and Steph

It's so good to be back in Paris after that trip to Normandy. I don't see myself going on anymore ISA trips. I hate busses and I hate waiting and I hate people telling me what to do...soooo me and ISA trips don't mix. Whatever though. Steph, Bay, and I have gone on some cool weekday adventures. On monday we went to le sacre-coeur in northern paris and it was soooo much fun! They had a ton of street performers, one guy was juggling a soccerball while balancing on a railing...he even climbed up a lightpost balancing it on his head! It was sooo cool! There was also a trio of street dancers that were pretty good but the best part was this little two year old boy decked out in burberry who kept running away from his grandmother to stand in the middle of the circle and try to dance with the dancers. He was SO CUTE! After that we went to the Moulin Rouge which is located smack dab in the middle of the red light district which apparently equals an entire street of sex stores...definitely won't be going there at night anytime soon. We saw enough people in drag during the day! They had some cool bars on the outskirts of the district though and we found a place where we could get 5 euro margaritas and 3 euro nachos! Can't beat that...we'll definitely be going back there!!
Today Steph and I had the entire afternoon off because our fashion class got cancelled! SO NICE! We picked up a bagette and drank wine all afternoon and then ventured out to find this awesome sushi place called the sushi shop! My new fav is a spicy tuna spring roll! SO GOOD! On the way home we found this cute cupcake store. Not as good as cupcake charlie's, but definitely good enough to go back. The best part is both places are so close to school! Can't wait for this weekend to go to Bergamo and go snowboarding! I hope my skipants arrive tomorrow, or at least by friday! Oh and we're going to see a ballet at the famous Opera house on thursday. Pretty decent end to the week haha so I can't complain. C'est tout! Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment