Paris

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eurodisney and stupid volcanoes

Well who knew iceland could be such a pain in the ass?! Who the heck are they economically? NOTHING!!! They bring nothing to the international table except apparently disruption and major money losses to all airlines. Spring break plans got completely messed up. Dublin got moved forward 3 weeks and Mom's visit also got pushed forward 3 weeks...which left me with a week and a half of absolutely NOTHING! Why not go to eurodisney? It was so cool! It only took a 35 minute train ride just outside of Paris to get there and the train basically brought us pretty much to the gate. Since it was Alyssa's birthday and nobody else seemed to want to do anything, we went to Disney just the two of us. What kind of person skips out on Disney?! Weird...but anyways, we had a blast! Eurodisney is a lot smaller than the Disney parks in the states...it had two parks, one like universal studios called Walt Disney Park and the other was like Magic Kingdom. We went to the one like Magic Kingdom. It was set up the same way as back home. There was a main gate, main street, town square, a princess castle (except it was sleeping beauty not cinderella), and the park was broken up into different themed sections. They even had the disney train that went around the perimeter of the park. Who knew 45 euros and a day spent at disney could cure depression haha. We got there around noon so we had 8 hours to spend there. It didn't seem nearly as crowded as Disney in the states, but I also haven't been there in over a decade (WEIRD). We didn't have to wait more than 40 minutes in line for any ride and we were able to do everything we wanted to. My favorite ride was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride...the amount of detail on that ride was amazing! It was this leisurely boat ride throughout the different scenery from the movie. It was really cool. Of course we hit up all of the rollercoasters, there were only 4, but that was enough for us. Just because we're officially the luckiest people on the planet (NOT) and we reallyyyy wanted to go on the teacups, naturally they were closed. Why would they be open? I swear after all this bad luck, I better win the lottery, because if I don't, I'm definitely going to be that person who gets struck by lightning and uses up their luck on that instead of winning money. I probably just jinxed myself and I'll get struck by lightning in Italy. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised. Anyways...on the map it showed another "thriller" for a ride...let me tell you...it wasn't. After waiting in the 40 minute line decked out in star wars decorations (I know nothing about star wars, but I'm pretty sureeeee Walt Disney had nothing to do with those films...so I'm a bit confused) anways, we finally get up there and it was a stupid simulation ride, which I can't do because I get carsick...needless to say I wasn't feeling that great after that. But we did find Ben and Jerry's ice cream!!! I finally found phish food ice cream in europe! The last ride Alyssa and I went on was Pinocchio and it was a kiddie ride haha. We of course had a suicidal 5 year old in line in front of us and witnessed him throwing a temper tantrum and running on the tracks in front of a moving car...thankfully the guy working the ride was able to stop it in time...but again, just our luck. When 8 came around all we wanted to find was a place to get a drink to celebrate her 21st...but for some reason a country that serves wine to their 13 year olds doesn't serve alcohol in their theme park...so we had to go into Disney Village and pay 8 euros a drink. All in all it was a good day...oh right...but just to top it off we had to meet creepy mccreepster on the metro home who decided to sit right next to us and play us his god awful music and then follow us as we proceeded to switch cars twice to get away from him...anyway anyone can send me mace?? Definitely can't wait to get back to the states and hang out with frat boys again (and I NEVER thought I'd ever say that one). But anyways we went to Disney and it was amazing and it cost half as much as it wouldve in the states. We got there and back, bought our ticket, bought two meals and two drinks and spent what we wouldve on the TICKET to get into the park in the states.
Anyways, since the volcano finally decided to stop spewing ash into the air and raining on my parade, we leave for venice tomorrow!!! Then wednesday we're off to rome and friday we're off to palermo, sicily until monday! Then its back to class :( and then I'll have less than a month until I go home (CRAZY). I can't believe how fast the time is going, it's kind of scary. As hard as this abroad thing as been at times, I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be over. Although I CANNOT WAIT to get back to the gym. Italy is going to kill me! I already barely fit into my size 3's (I know poor me, but I don't want to buy a new wardrobe). Hopefully I'm back to my normal size for Jenn's wedding in July. At least working all summer and running around all day will help. Oh also really weird...at a bar two nights ago I met a guy from Cliffton Ireland which is where Gram's mom is from. I thought that was pretty strange to find. Well that's all...keep your fingers crossed that this second volcano doesn't erupt so I don't get stuck in italy...not like I'd really mind, butttt I probably should go to school. Here are some pictures of Disney...thanks again iceland.

In front of the main gate!!


Main Street Parade


Sleeping Beauty's Castle


PIRATES!!!


Thunder Mountain


On Space Mountain haha


With Minnie!! (we followed 3 year olds to get here)


MICKEY!


End of the day parade

No comments:

Post a Comment