Paris

Monday, February 15, 2010

First official day in Paris! (awake at least)

So its only 5 pm and so many random things have already happened! We had orientation at 930 am and on the way there I tried to order a croissant and ended up with two and saw a guy totally bite it when he fell off his motorcycle in a rotary (he was okay). At orientation I found out I have four day weekends every week woooooo! But I have 16 hours worth of classes in three days which will be intense! Yay for plenty of time to travel to amazing places on the weekends though. Apparently I have to pronounce my words more clearly because every time I've got to order "some" of something I end up with two...oops haha. And then the one time my roommate and I clearly ordered two of something we ended up with one. Whatever, minor details. OH and, do notttttt buy a hair dryer in Paris! I fried mine from home this morning and blew the fuses in the entire wall haha oops, so I had to go find a new one. The store had them all lined up on the wall on display and had a guy at a desk nearby where you had to tell him which one you wanted and then if youre paying with cash he writes you a slip you take up a floor to a register where you pay for it and then you have to go down two floors to the basement to wait in another line where you give a guy your slip and he gets what you want out of the warehouse...wayyyyy too much work for a stupid 14 euro hair dryer! Definitely won't be doing that again. We're going out tonight to a discotheque which should be a fun time! I swear I'll put up pictures sometime haha. SALUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment