Paris

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy hour is so fun!

Today was such a good day! Paris has a tendency to be like seattle and be really gray all the time so it was sooo good to wake up to the sun shining through my window haha. We had a meeting at our program office and my roommates and I got soooooooooooooooo lost! We were almost 45 minutes late and everyone had to wait for us. This is why I need my blackberry :(. After walking the same street back and forth about ten times we finally realized the reason why we couldnt find the correct rue is because we were on the wrong side of the road. Typical for me. After the meeting a few of us jumped on the metro and picked a totally random stop and got off. It was such a cute area! We went to this tiny hole in the wall restaurant and all got falllaffell, which was so good considering we're in france. We ended up at a wicked nice bar for happy hour and we totally felt like some celebrity was going to walk in at any moment. It was so nice and would've been totally out of our price range if it hadnt been for the happy hour prices. Here's a picture of it...


The bars here are so cool looking! The first bar we went to was a huge circle and the entire menu had all american drinks on it (made with french liquors but still) and the last bar of the night looked like it could be an upscale sushi bar in new york city or something, here are a few pictures of them...






The jet lag is finally almost gone, its been quite the struggle to wake up at 9 am knowing its 6 am back home and I NEVER get up at that time haha. It'll be so nice to not be so tired all the time, its difficult to think and speak in french when you're exhausted...english is just so much easier. Its also frustrating because as soon as french people hear my accent they only want to speak in english...I just wanna be like I'm here to learn your language!! haha.

Oh here are a few pictures of my apartment (apparently we got the shaft and got one of the worst apartments, but I personally don't think its bad lol)




(the view from our balcony!!)


I cant wait to start traveling, we were talking during happy hour and there are three of us with four day weekends so we're going to be travel buddies haha. Get ready for europe betsy! We're planning to go to Amsterdam the day after you get here for the weekend and then going to Dublin the following weekend (it'll be so much fun since its going to be the day after St Patricks Day). We also talked about planning trips to Prague, Barcelona, Germany, London (obv chels), and Italy (during spring break).

Well I have a 10 am placement exam tomorrow (hopefully I don't bomb it so I can keep my awesome schedule), hopefully I can get my pictures uploaded to facebook soon! Salut!

1 comment:

  1. I love the shots of the bars and of your room, you have a fireplace! I'm so jealous you are going to Amsterdam!!! I love your blog entries, they are very witty just like you! I miss you so much, did you get my cards???

    ReplyDelete