Paris

Friday, February 19, 2010

A word to the wise, the french transation of "shots" is not pretty!

Here are some pictures from last nights boat ride down the Seine...


(The Louvre)


(The Notre Dame)

The past two days have been a blur! I finally got a good night sleep (thank you nyquil!) and the jet lag is officially gone!!!! I woke up early and went for a run, but me with my fabulous navigation skills was unable to find the park that was supposed to be 5 minutes from my apartment. Who misses an enormous park?! Weird...then we were off to the louvre! The pyramids totally remind me of the da vinci code...love that movie! Oh and thankfully I'm not superstitious of birds (ahem dad...) because there was a dead bird or duck in the pool at the foot of the pyramid. C'est dommage...The louvre is HUGE! They say it'd take some crazy astronomical period of time to see every piece in it so thankfully I can get in for free whenever I want because I'm not sure I could mentally handle the entire thing in one day. It was an experience to have a guide, but its not something i'd ever do again. In the two hours we were there we saw only one wing and it was all of the big touristy pieces of art that I saw last time I was here...next time I'll explore by myself.
(Steph and I by the pyramids!!!)


(My favorite...the winged victory!)


(Soooo da vinci code)


(And such a big let down...its about 2 feet tall...)


(A food court...if you notice the chandelier made out of wine glasses...oh and this is a mcdonalds cafe)


The one thing I would have been okay with missing from home is the weather, but sure enough Paris wasn't going to let me down in that department. In the time since I woke up it rained three times and then was super sunny. Figures. Oh and by the way! Parisians totally have the BEST taste in cars! I've seen two navy blue bugs since I've been here...its fate...if you look closely you can see it in the left side of the picture!


Anyways last night was officially my first night out in Paris (aside from the laid back night on monday) We went to this tiny bar that Dina's friends knew about because they had friends playing there. Who knew they had Reggae music in France haha. It was a lot of fun, shots for 2.50 euros! Thats insanely cheap for Paris! We spent almost ten euros on that on monday! The bartender was super nice and helped us learn slang terms in french and told us the cool places to go to and only charged steph and I 13 euros for 8 shots...shouldve been 20!
(First shot of the night...tequila of course)


(andddd such an instant classic)


(shes awesome!)


(notice the new bottle hahaha oops)


(and such a good late night snack...crepes with nutella and bananas!)


Today (the 19th) we're going to start planning all of our trips for march! We're thinking Prague then Dublin then Amsterdam or London? Yay!!! It's so nice to have all day today to ourselves and not have to report somewhere at a certain time. Hopefully Steph and I will go see some sights like Montmartre, le sacre-coeur, and maybe the moulin rouge and the red light district haha since its so unsafe to go there at night! Anyways, salut!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo jealous! You are taking some great pictures! I feel like I am visiting a movie everytime I log on to your blog! I am addicted--keep it coming! Such a great escape from the daily routine! Remember, since you are all out and having fun, and people are very aware that you are American, please be careful! I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete