Paris

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting two hours of sleep and passing my oral placement exam...une probleme? Au contraire!

Here are some sights...


yeah thats what you think it is...parisian chocolate is weird...


this is L'institut catholique de paris (where I'm studying!)


Eiffel Tower from L'ecole militaire


Reminded me of the Paris version of times square...the place was huge!



Wow so I'm totally running off of two hours of broken sleep! The people across the hall threw a huge party and between that and the damn elevator that is on the other side of my bedroom wall, I was totally incapable of falling asleep and staying asleep. Luckily it didn't affect my placement exam! I totally rambled on and on about UNH and my summer job and my plans for after college for five minutes that the professor barely was able to ask me any questions (therefore I wasn't able to answer any incorrectly/misunderstand him haha) He passed me with a parfait and I'm allowed to keep my bomb schedule of classes tuesday-thursday!! Yay for a four day weekend! I cannot wait! After that we all went to a restaurant that is designed for only students and a three course meal is only 2.90 euros! The food isn't much better than UNH dining hall food but for the price it's totally worth it if I'm in a rush. The weather is very rainy and gray today but it didn't matter, after that one of the guys in the program and I went to the eiffel tower and walked the grounds of the military school right behind it. In spite of the bad day, it wasn't a bad afternoon (even though the clouds covered the very tip of the tower). I went shopping in the area near school, loveeee that they have an H&M here and the clothes are even better here than in the states. We ended up stumbling into such a good shopping area that had the Montparnasse which is probably the only skyscraper in Paris and its only 59 floors lol. The area was cool though it had billboards and bright advertisements and reminded me of Paris' version of times square (way less chaotic). We went on a ride on the seine on a bateau-mouche (which translates to ugly boat lol) and it was soo good to see the sights...but SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold! I ended up giving up and going below where it was warm, I figure if I missed anything I'll catch it in the spring when normal people do boat tours. The dock was sooooooo far from my apartment, it took me almost 45 minutes to get there by metro. I'm so exhausted from today and not sleeping last night that I cant bring myself to go out (even though I want to) so I'll probably be super lame and just relax for the night. I'm so glad that I passed my oral exam, today was such a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment