Paris

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Je suis arrivee!!!

Yay I'm finally here! I cannot believe it. The trip was great, except for the fact that the plane to new york was 5 feet wide and the woman next to me on the plane to paris hated life. Butttt other than that I cant complain, I'm in Paris! On the ride to my apartment I saw a navy blue vw bug! Parisians sure do have good taste in cars! My apartment is soooo much bigger than I thought, I had envisioned the worst, ie bunkbeds, shared kitched, mini fridge, outhouse, yeah you name it and I thought it. Its crazy because Paris is like secretly wicked catholic and shuts down hardcore on sundays. Nothing aside from touristy places was open! We ate at this little fondue restaurant even though none of us got fondue haha, maybe next time? The city is beautiful, we started off at the Notre Dame and could see the Eiffel Tower so we figured it was walking distance...NOT! 45 minutes later we arrived...oops, great idea lauren, sorry roommates. After having to ask the police officers (who wear sailor hats, btw) for directions to the metro we finally found our way home safe only to find that while walking up the 6 flights of stairs the lights went out and we lost track of how many floors we had climbed and tried to break into the persons apartment directly below us. I'd say it was a successful first day. Up early for orientation tomorrow, 330 am east coast time! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm no longer falling asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment